All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionAn urgent wake-up call and radical action plan for business leaders everywhere While it focuses primarily on Canadian business, this important book shares valuable insights of benefit to transformational business leaders everywhere. Without sugar coating his message, author R. Douglas Williamson, head of the prestigious consultancy, The Beacon Group, points to complacency, lack of leadership sophistication, and an inward focus as the chief reasons why Canadian companies are at risk of falling behind the rest of the world. Issuing an urgent call to action, Williamson helps leaders understand the four principle challenges facing the modern leader and describes the eight essential leadership competencies required to navigate the future. He provides powerful strategies, tools and techniques for how to reframe thinking about leadership and reform leadership strategies. * Case Studies from The Beacon Group s wide and diversified client base include The Four Seasons, Scotiabank, Nortel Networks, Research in Motion, The Hudson s Bay Company, Export Development Canada, Holt Renfrew, and many others. * An impassioned call to action for leaders everywhere combined with practical advice and tools to help leaders take up the responsibility of transformational leadership during a period of unprecedented change and monumental global challenges. * One of the rare books to focus on Canadian business and business leadership, it explains why that country's competitiveness is in serious jeopardy and what can be done about it.
- Author BiographyDOUG WILLIAMSON is Chief Executive Officer of The Beacon Group, a global leadership and strategy development firm whose clients range from well-known multinational companies to small and medium sized entrepreneurial businesses in Canada. Over his varied career, Doug has worked in Canada, the United States, Europe, Mexico, the Middle East and Australia. Prior to founding The Beacon Group, he held senior executive-level positions with The Royal Bank of Canada and with the Canadian Government (including posts as Deputy Superintendent of Bankruptcy and as a member of the Canadian Government's 1992 Commission on Economic Prosperity).
- Author(s)R. Douglas Williamson
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight606 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.