All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is well kwn that the horse naturally carries more weight on his forehand than on his hindquarters. This forward center of gravity, combined with an often unrecognized, inborn crookedness from poll to tail, can greatly inhibit training and ultimately affect the horse's physical soundness and willingness to perform. In fact, Gabriele Rachen-Schoneich and Klaus Schoneich attribute 95 percent of all locomotive problems, in both sport and leisure horses, to this inherent crookedness. For over 25 years, Rachen-Schoneich and Schoneich along with expert riders, trainers, veterinarians, and other specialists have concentrated specifically on this theory at their international training center in Germany. There they have worked with and successfully cured through appropriate gymnastic training more than 4,000 horses with straightness problems related to: incorrect or insufficient training; bad riding; veterinary misdiagsis; poorly fit tack and equipment, and other causes. Now, the couple describe their techniques, t only for addressing the symptoms of crookedness in an already schooled horse, but also for dealing with the innate problem in unbroken youngsters. Readers learn how using groundwork with green horses can straighten them and increase their carrying power before they are backed. You'll see how, with sufficient attention to gymnastic training on the longe and in hand, the eventual transition to work under saddle can be handled smoothly, easily, and without ever sacrificing correct locomotion.
- Author BiographyGabriele Rachen-Schoneich is an experienced teacher of both physical therapy and riding. Her main field of expertise is working with horse and rider on the longe line and correcting riders' seat. Klaus Schoneich is a horse trainer who founded the holistic training concept called Anatomically Correct Riding. He trains horses and riders at the training center Zentrum ARR(R) in Germany.
- Author(s)Gabriele Rachen-Schoneich,Klaus Schoneich
- PublisherTrafalgar Square
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrafalgar Square
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings
- Weight431 g
- Width168 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.