All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStraightforward Statistics: Understanding the Tools of Research is a clear and direct introduction to statistics for the social, behavioral, and life sciences. Based on the author's extensive experience teaching undergraduate statistics, this book provides a narrative presentation of the core principles that provide the foundation for modern-day statistics. With step-by-step guidance on the nuts and bolts of computing these statistics, the book includes detailed tutorials how to use state-of-the-art software, SPSS, to compute the basic statistics employed in modern academic and applied research. Across 13 succinct chapters, this text presents statistics using a conceptual approach along with information on the relevance of the different tools in different contexts and summaries of current research examples. Students should find this book easy useful and engaging in its presentation while instructors should find it detailed, comprehensive, accessible, and helpful in complementing a basic course in statistics.
- Author BiographyGlenn Geher is Professor and Chair of Psychology at the State University of New York at New Paltz, where he has taught Statistics and various other courses related to psychology and evolution since 2000. He also is the founding director of New Paltz's Evolutionary Studies Program, which has been awarded thousands of dollars from the National Science Foundation to help advance evolution's place in higher education. He has over 60 publications including several books and articles on various topics related to evolution and social psychology. His work has been covered in several media outlets including the New York Times, Chronicle of Higher Education, Redbook, and Cosmopolitan. He lives with his wife Kathy and two children, Megan and Andrew, in rural upstate New York. Sara Hall has earned degrees in both Psychology and Criminology. She lives in Oregon with her husband, Benjamin, and their four children, Jackson, Stella, Susanna, and Sailor.
- Author(s)Glenn Geher,Sara Hall
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight920 g
- Width185 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.