All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.03
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.31
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.22
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.19
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $13.38
About this product
- DescriptionOft-hailed as the Jimi Hendrix of his generation, living guitar legend Joe Satriani has long transcended stylistic boundaries with a sound that raises the bar like a new horizon for the broader genre of instrumental guitar rock. Joe's six-string secrets have astounded listeners around the world for nearly thirty years. In Strange Beautiful Music: A Musical Memoir, Satriani and coauthor, music biographer Jake Brown, take fans on their first authorized tour of the story behind his climb to stardom and the creative odyssey involved in writing and recording a storied catalog of classics, including Surfing with the Alien, Summer Song, Satch Boogie, Always With Me, Always With You, The Extremist, Flying in a Blue Dream, Crowd Chant, and more. Featuring exclusive, firsthand interviews with Satriani, Strange Beautiful Music offers a unique look inside the studio with Joe, giving fans a chance to get up close and personal like never before. With insider details about his collaboration with multi-platinum supergroup Chickenfoot, exclusive interviews with Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony of Van Halen and Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, commentary from fellow guitar legends such as Steve Vai, Metallica's Kirk Hammett, Primus's Larry LaLonde, and legendary music producers, including Glynn Johns and the late Andy Johns, this memoir offers a rare inside look for die-hard Satriani fans, guitar enthusiasts, and anyone who loves to rock. Strange Beautiful Music features music performed by the author. Included throughout the audiobook are samples of some of Satriani's most memorable songs, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment.
- Author BiographyNashville-based music biographer Jake Brown is the author or coauthor of many books, including Rick Rubin: In the Studio, Lil Wayne: An Unauthorized Biography, and AC/DC in the Studio: The Stories Behind Every Album. Joe Satriani, an instrumental rock guitarist and multi-instrumentalist, has sold more ten million albums worldwide. A multiple Grammy Award nominee, he is also a core member of the supergroup Chickenfoot. Former radio broadcaster Todd McLaren has been heard on more than 5,000 TV and radio commercials; narrations for documentaries on such networks as A&E and the History Channel; and films. His book narrations have earned him a prestigious Audie Award as well as a Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Award.
- Author(s)Jake Brown,Joe Satriani
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Todd McLaren
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time525
- Edition StatementMP3 - Unabridged CD
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.