All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStrange Histories presents a serious account of some of the most extraordinary occurrences of European and North American history and explains how they made sense to people living at the time. Using case studies from the Middle Ages and the early modern period, this book provides fascinating insights into the world-view of a vanished age and shows how such occurences fitted in quite naturally with the common sense of the time. Explanations of these phemena, riveting and ultimately rational, encourage further reflection on what shapes our beliefs today. What made reasonable, educated men and women behave in ways that seem utterly nsensical to us today? This question and many more are answered in this fascinating book.
- Author BiographyDarren Oldridge is a lecturer in history at University College Worcester. He is the editor of The WItchcraft Reader.
- Author(s)Darren Oldridge
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 b&w plates
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.