All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the appearance of his first record album in 1967, Leonard Cohen - already well kwn in his native Canada as a poet and velist - was introduced to audiences in the United States, where he quickly took his place among the preeminent singer/songwriters of the time. Over the years, and through the release of eight more albums, Cohen gained a reputation as a dazzlingly literate and consistently daring songwriter. His status as a cult artist grew and solidified, t only in North America but all across Europe; singers of ermously diverse styles recorded his songs; his influence could be charted in every new wave of recording artists that followed his emergence. In 1988 the release of his album I'm Your Man thrust him back into the mainstream spotlight; and his latest recording, The Future, has brought him renewed widespread acclaim as one of our most enduring poet/songwriters. Now Stranger Music brings together, for the first time in one volume, a generous selection of Leonard Cohen's song lyrics and poetry. Stranger Music reveals the range and depth of Cohen's work. And it is a long-overdue celebration of his extraordinary gift for language that speaks with rare clarity, passion, and timelessness.
- Author BiographyLeonard Cohen s artistic career began in 1956 with the publication of his first book of poetry, Let Us Compare Mythologies. He has published two novels, The Favourite Game andBeautiful Losers, and eleven books of poetry, most recentlyStranger Music: Selected Poems and Songs, Book of Longing, andLeonard Cohen: Poems and Songs. He has to date released fourteen studio albums, the most recent of which, You Want It Darker, was released in 2016.Cohen was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008, received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2010, and was awarded the Glenn Gould Prize in 2011. Mr. Cohen died in 2016.
- Author(s)Leonard Cohen
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1994
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight363 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.