All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionKevin Denys Bonnycastle's Stranger Rape is an in-depth study of the lives of fourteen men who raped women unkwn to them. Using new data derived from official offender files, offender program observations, and the men's personal histories, Bonnycastle documents, compares, and contrasts their experiences from boyhood to adulthood and eventual incarceration. Bonnycastle argues that stranger-rapists do t fit existing portrayals of them as predatory monsters or misogynist everymen. Instead, through an invative approach that builds on research and theory from feminism, gender studies, critical crimilogy, and masculinity studies, she positions stranger-rape as a matter of experiences of pain and powerlessness rather than of male power and control. The book's major achievement is to recognize rapists and rape in their particularity and complexity in the hope that critical thinking about their lives and about their experiences in penal contexts and programs may eventually lead to what one respondent called his 'road to redemption.' Please te that this book includes graphic content.
- Author BiographyKevin Denys Bonnycastle (1956-2011) was an assistant professor in the Department of Sociology and Criminology at St. Mary's University.
- Author(s)Kevin Bonnycastle
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight540 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.