All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionAn evangelistic preacher in paint and self-proclaimed man of visions, Reverend Howard Finster became one of the most widely kwn and prolific self-taught artists, producing over 46,000 pieces of art by his death in 2001. Finster often referred to himself as a stranger from ather world and God's last red light on the planet earth. He saw himself as a sacred artist, fulfilling his visionary prophesies revealed to him by God through a heavenly, outer space world. Thus Finster believed he was to disperse warnings to people to save their souls from the horrors of hell. These experiences were very real to Finster and provided a seemingly limitless variety of images for his art, and content for his rapid fire, stream-of-consciousness mologues. This book provides an in-depth survey of Finster's career, illustrating the variety of themes inherent in his work, much of it relating to his visionary experiences, including: Visions of Other Worlds, Sermons in Paint, Historical and Cultural Heroes and The Plant Farm Museum [Paradise Garden].
- Author(s)Glen C. Davies
- PublisherKrannert Art Museum,US
- Date of Publication05/02/2010
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKrannert Art Museum,US
- Content Note95 color illus.
- Weight840 g
- Width5193 mm
- Height6466 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.