Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Roman Catholic Church and the U.S. labor movement are missing an opportunity to work together to promote the well-being of Lati immigrants, the majority of whom are Catholic. The relationship between the Church and labor has stagnated because the U.S. labor movement (t unlike the Democrat Party) is taking political and social positions on abortion, same sex marriage, and school vouchers that are inimical to Catholic thinking despite the fact that the Church and Latis immigrants are culturally conservative. Strangers in a Foriegn Land: The Organizing of Catholic Latis in the U.S. argues that labor groups would enjoy a better relationship with a natural institutional ally by taking position on these culture war positions. Author George Schultze also takes the position that the Catholic Church should should be taking steps to promote worker-owned cooperatives in the Mondragon Cooperative Corporation tradition, which recognizes the beneficial role of free market ecomies.
- Author BiographyReverend George E. Schultze, SJ is Spiritual Director, Field Education Director, and Lecturer in Social Ethics at St. Patrick's Seminary in Menlo Park, California.
- Author(s)George E. Schultze
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/12/2006
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.