All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study investigates the effectiveness and efficiency in which the United States Army Europe decreases in size and the United States looks to a continental-based military force, how does Europe fit into the strategic deployment of forces throughout the world? For this reason it is imperative that there is an understanding of how United States Army Europe deployed and interacted with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and how they will deploy should the need arise in the near future. The study first analyzes two recent United States Army Europe deployments. These two deployments, VII Corps mission to Southwest Asia and Operation Joint Endeavor, provide an anatomy of a strategic deployment from a transportation point of view. The study delves into the doctrine that encompasses a strategic deployment and also looks at North Atlantic Treaty Organization's doctrine for strategic deployments. The study then compares the two recent deployments to determine any similarities and identify the differences. This comparison provides the means to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of each deployment and to identify the shortfalls that occurred. The study concludes by providing recommendations for improvements to the United States Army Europe's strategic deployment system that will allow it to better serve the commander.
- Author(s)Bruce E Akard
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight200 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.