All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudents are already strategists in their personal lives. This concise text, intended primarily for undergraduate seniors and MBA students, provides students with the kw-how to apply effective strategies in their future careers. Strategic Management: Logic and Action provides a wide range of organizational examples along with worksheets at the end of each chapter. Students are encouraged to use the Web as a source of information, but to also interview people to assess actions within the context of organizations. The text is meant to be a useful guide for strategists facing new situations from the beginning of their organization careers. From the Preface: Strategy is longer the exclusive concern of generals. It is t something you wait to think about until you are the president of an organization. You need to understand strategic thinking right w, as a graduate entering the workforce, a newly appointed supervisor, or a mid-level manager. Corporations, small businesses, n-profits, and public agencies - organizations of all kinds - are discovering how important it is for employees to understand why the organization interacts the way it does with customers, competitors, and other actors. Many then ask their employees to help strengthen current connections and invent new ones.
- Author BiographyAnne Sigismund Huff is the Founding Director of the Advanced Institute of Management Research (AIM), a UK wide management research initiative with offices based at the London Business School. She is a visiting professor at the TUM Business School with a joint appointment at the Center for Advanced Teaching and Learning in the Social Sciences at the University of Colorado. She has also been on the faculty of Cranfield School of Management and a visiting Professor at London Business School. She received an MA in Sociology and a PhD in Management from Northwestern University, and has been on the faculty at UCLA and the University of Illinois.
- Author(s)Anne Sigismund Huff,David Chappell,Hugh D. Sherman,Siri Terjesen,Steven W. Floyd
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/08/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width177 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.