All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
About this product
- DescriptionStrategic Management: Text and Cases, Eighth Edition, written by the highly respected author team of Dess, McNamara, and Eisner, continues to provide readers what they have come to expect of this title: solid treatment of traditional strategic management topics, application of strategic management concepts to real-world examples, and interwoven contemporary themes revolving around globalization, techlogy, ethics, environmental sustainability and entrepreneurship. The eighth edition's case package has been thoroughly revised to maximize freshness and engagement. It continues to emphasize relevancy and currency and to offer up-to-date financial data and videos to match each case. All cases focus on companies familiar to students. In this edition, five are new (Campbell Soup, General Motors, Avon, Tata Starbucks, and Greenwood Resources) and twenty-six have been thoroughly revised (Apple, eBay, JetBlue, Johnson & Johnson, and Zynga to name just a few of the familiar favorites). The case package continues to offer both full-length and short-form cases, giving instructors and students unparalleled quality and variety.
- Author BiographyGregory Dess Gregory G. Dess is the Andrew R. Cecil Endowed Chair in Management at the University of Texas at Dallas. His primary research interests are in strategic management, organization-environment relationships, and knowledge management. He has published numerous articles on these subjects in both academic and practitioner-oriented journals. He also serves on the editorial boards of a wide range of practitioner-oriented and academic journals. In August 2000, he was inducted into the Academy of Management Journal's Hall of Fame as one of its charter members. Professor Dess has conducted executive programs in the United States, Europe, Africa, Hong Kong, and Australia. During 1994 he was a Fulbright Scholar in Oporto, Portugal. In 2009, he received an honorary doctorate from the University of Bern (Switzerland). He received his PhD in Business Administration from the University of Washington (Seattle) and a BIE degree from Georgia Tech. Gerry McNamara Gerry McNamara is a Professor of Management at Michigan State University. He received his PhD from the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota. His research focuses on strategic decision making, organizational risk taking, and mergers and acquisitions. His research has been published in numerous journals, including the Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Organization Science, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Journal of Management, and Journal of International Business Studies. His research on mergers and acquisitions has been abstracted in the New York Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, The Economist, and Financial Week. He is currently an Associate Editor for the Academy of Management Journal. Alan Eisner Alan B. Eisner is Professor of Management and Department Chair, Management and Management Science Department, at the Lubin School of Business, Pace University. He received his PhD in management from the Stern School of Business, New York University. His primary research interests are in strategic management, technology management, organizational learning, and managerial decision making. He has published research articles and cases in journals such as Advances in Strategic Management, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, International Journal of Technology Management, American Business Review, Journal of Behavioral and Applied Management, and Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies. He is the former Associate Editor of the Case Association's peer reviewed journal, The CASE Journal.
- Author(s)Alan Eisner,G. T. Lumpkin,Gerry McNamara,Gregory G. Dess
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight1444 g
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.