All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVisit our Website to see a sample chapter www.PaulChapmanPublishing.co.uk This practical book introduces strategic management for senior managers in schools. The author: shows how it can contribute to school development; explores the leadership of strategic school improvement; and presents a strategic planning model for schools. At each stage, he deals with practice and shows how this involves the organization of the whole process and the stages of analysis, choice and implementation. Written at a very accessible and practical level, the book focuses on: - how to generate ideas, - communication and managing change, - how to organize staff to work together on strategic planning. Numerous activities are also included, designed to facilitate staff discussion of strategic analysis and strategic choice This book is essential for head teachers, deputy heads, and local authority professionals.
- Author BiographyBrian Fidler is Professor of Education Management at the University of Reading. He is course leader of the MSc School Improvement and has published widely on aspects of education management and leadership, particularly strategic planning and school inspection. He is editor of the International Journal School Leadership and Management.
- Author(s)Brian Fidler
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePublished in Association with the British Educational Leadership and Management Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.