All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe bestselling guide to nprofit planning, with proven, practical advice Strategic Planning for Nonprofit Organizations describes a proven method for creating an effective, organized, actionable strategy, tailored to the unique needs of the nprofit organization. Now in its third edition, this bestselling manual contains new information about the value of plans, specific guidance toward business planning, and additional information about the strategic plan document itself. Real-world case studies illustrate different planning and implementation scenarios and techniques, and the companion website offers templates, tools, and worksheets that streamline the process. The book provides expert insight, describing common misperceptions and pitfalls to avoid, helping readers craft a strategic plan that adheres to the core values of the organization. A well-honed strategic plan helps nprofit managers set priorities, and acquire and allocate the resources necessary to achieve their goals. It also provides a framework for handling challenges, and keeps the focus on the organization's priorities. Strategic Planning for Nonprofit Organizations is an excellent source of guidance for managers at nprofits of every size and budget, helping readers to: * Identify the reasons for planning, and gather information from internal and external stakeholders * Assess the current situation accurately, and agree on priorities, mission, values, and vision * Prioritize goals and objectives for the plan, and develop a detailed implementation strategy * Evaluate and monitor a changing environment, updating roles, goals, and parameters as needed Different organizations have different needs, processes, resources, and priorities. The one thing they have in common is the need for a -nsense approach to planning with practical guidance and a customizable framework. Strategic Planning for Nonprofit Organizations takes the fear out of planning, with expert guidance on the nprofit's most vital management activity.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL ALLISON is president of Michael Allison Consulting, an independent consulting practice working with nonprofits and foundations to achieve greater organizational effectiveness in support of progressive social change. JUDE KAYE is an organization development and strategic planning consultant who provides executive coaching for nonprofit managers. A nationally respected trainer, she works with nonprofit agencies on planning, financial management, organizational development, and other areas.
- Author(s)Jude Kaye,Michael Allison
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley Nonprofit Authority
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width178 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.