All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionWith contributions from leading academics and practitioners, Strategic Planning for Regional Development in the UK is the most up-to-date treatment of a fast-changing subject. The book discusses: * The evolution of regional planning in the UK and the strategic thinking involved * The spatial implications of regional ecomic development policies * The methods and techniques needed for the implementation of strategic planning for regional development * How strategic planning for regional development is currently put into practice in three UK regions with different priorities. Strategic Planning for Regional Development in the UK is essential reading for students and academics working within strategic and regional planning and provides policy makers and practitioners with a comprehensive and thought provoking introduction to this critically important emerging field.
- Author BiographyHarry T. Dimitriou is Bartlett Professor of Planning Studies at the Bartlett School of Planning, University College London and previous consultant to the Hong Kong Government and the World Bank. He is also Director of the Omega Centre at UCL, where he is undertaking a comparative study of decision-making in the planning of mega transport projects in ten countries. Robin Thompson is Director of Strategic Planning at Kent County Council and Past President of the Royal Town Planning Institute; he has worked extensively as a local and regional planner. He was a principal author of the London Plan, the Mayor's Spatial Development Strategy, and is Visiting Professor at the Bartlett School of Planning, University College London and heads up his own consultancy firm.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2006
- Series TitleThe Natural and Built Environment Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpon Press
- Content Note17 black & white tables, 30 black & white line drawings
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byHarry T. Dimitriou,Robin C. Thompson
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.