Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
About this product
- DescriptionMost organizations, regardless of industry, spend more money on suppliers than they do on employing their staff. Written for the n-procurement expert, Strategic Procurement explores the 'why' and 'what' of good procurement rather than the 'how.' It explains why you should focus your efforts on this previously neglected area of business and rich rewards, where P&L impact is relatively painless and immediate, where benefit to cost ratios of 10 to 1 are realistic ambitions and in-year payback is possible. It covers all the aspects of strategic procurement, including: the role of the executive and the organization in procurement; primary and secondary supply chains; cost reduction techniques; making yourself important to suppliers; sustaining procurement improvement; and keeping procurement on the business agenda. Showing you how to cut costs without harming your business and the importance of recognizing supplier relationship management, Strategic Procurement offers real understanding of the true worth of procurement in the boardroom.
- Author BiographyCaroline Booth specializes in procurement transformation - helping organisations to recognise and exploit the real value of third party expenditure and suppliers' expertise. She has enjoyed an international career with Shell and more recently, as Procurement Director for Lloyds TSB where procurement has a huge role to play in delivering the publically announced GBP1.5bn of synergies by 2011.
- Author(s)Caroline Booth
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Out-of-print date29/10/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight339 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.