All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time when corporate scandals and major financial failures dominate newspaper headlines, the importance of good risk management practices has never been more obvious. The absence or mismanagement of such practices can have devastating effects on exposed organizations and the wider ecomy (Barings Bank, Enron, Lehmann Brothers, Northern Rock, to name but a few). Today's organizations and corporate leaders must learn the lessons of such failures by developing practices to deal effectively with risk. This book is an important step towards this end. Written from a European perspective, it brings together ideas, concepts and practices developed in various risk markets and academic fields to provide a much-needed overview of different approaches to risk management. It critiques prevailing enterprise risk management frameworks (ERMs) and proposes a suitable alternative. Combining academic rigour and practical experience, this is an important resource for graduate students and professionals concerned with strategic risk management.
- Author BiographyTorben Juul Andersen is Professor at the Center for Strategic Management and Globalization, Copenhagen Business School. His professional career includes positions as Senior Consultant at PHB Hagler Bailly Inc., Arlington; Senior Vice President at Unibank A/S, Copenhagen; Managing Director at SDS Securities A/S, Copenhagen; Vice President at Citicorp Investment Bank, London; and Corporate Bank Head with Citibank, N.A. He is the author of several books on risk management, including Global Derivatives (2006) and Currency and Interest Rate Hedging (1993). Peter Winther Schroder is a director at Saxo Bank A/S, where he is responsible for all risk management within the group. He has held various executive risk management positions in the banking and insurance industry over the past twenty years where he gained comprehensive practical experience in all aspects of financial and operational risk management. He is also a part-time associate professor at the Copenhagen Business School.
- Author(s)Peter Winther Schroder,Torben Juul Andersen
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note97 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.