All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStrategic Visions for Human Rights takes a multi-disciplinary approach to future directions for human rights. It looks beyond what international human rights treaties have so far established and considers the context in which rights in the twenty-first century might develop to meet needs. The book examines how international law might be utilized to protect groups rather than just individual members of the group and it also calls into question the liberal positivist approach to international law that provides the framework for human rights rms. The book is written and published in hour of Professor Kevin Boyle. It celebrates his long career in human rights law both as an academic and a practising barrister. Professor Boyle has taken numerous cases on human rights issues to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg and has long been involved in human rights aspects of the peace process in Northern Ireland. He has published widely on human rights issues, focusing on freedom of expression and religion and n-discrimination. The contributors to this volume are well-kwn academics in the field of human rights and include Francesca Klug, Cor Gearty, David Beetham and Asbjorn Eide. Amongst some of the issues addressed in the book are the future of the European Court of Human Rights, the role of academics play in engendering transition to post-conflict democratic states, and human rights and religious pluralism.
- Author BiographyGeoff Gilbert, Francoise Hampson and Clara Sandoval are all members of the School of Law at the University of Essex, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2010
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byClara Sandoval,Francoise Hampson,Geoff Gilbert
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.