All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the successful outcomes of a five-year initiative undertaken in New York City, Alma Carten, Alan Siskind, and Mary Pender Greene bring together a national roster of leading practitioners, scholars, and advocates who draw upon extensive practice experiences and original research. Together, they offer a range of strategies with a high potential for creating the critical mass for change that is essential to transforming the nation's health and human services systems. Strategies for Deconstructing Racism in the Health and Human Services closes the gap in the literature examining the role of interpersonal bias, structural racism, and institutional racism that diminish service access and serve as the root cause for the persistence of disparate racial and ethnic outcomes observed in the nation's health and human services systems. The one-of-a-kind text is especially relevant today as population trends are dramatically changing the nation's demographic and cultural landscape, while funds for the health and human services diminish and demands for culturally relevant evidence-based interventions increase. The book is an invaluable resource for service providers and educational institutions that play a central role in the education and preparation of the health and human service workforce.
- Author BiographyAlma J. Carten, PhD ACSW, LCSW, is Associate Professor at the NYU Silver School of Social Work. She teaches in the human behavior in the social environment and social welfare policy curriculum areas. Alan B. Siskind, PhD, LCSW, is former CEO of the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services, one of the nation's largest voluntary Human Service and Mental Health agencies. Mary Pender Greene, LCSW-R, is President & CEO of MPG Consulting. She and her team provide transformative culturally and racially attuned clinical, programmatic, and administrative services to individuals and organizations serving populations of color.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight680 g
- Width167 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAlan Siskind,Alma Carten,Mary Pender Greene
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.