Strategies for Teaching Content Effectively in the Inclusive Secondary Classroom by Rebecca A. Hines, Lisa Dieker (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $97.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStrategies for Teaching Content Effectively in the Inclusive Secondary Classroom provides classroom applications, school-wide recommendations and content-specific strategies to support students with disabilities in secondary general education settings. Learn how to develop inclusive climates in the general education classroom and across the entire school; implement content-specific teaching strategies; build stronger partnerships between general and special educators; promote social success among middle and high school students; motivate low achieving students; and assess secondary students with disabilities. Written for secondary special education teachers, general education teachers and support staff.
- Author BiographyDr. Lisa Dieker is a Professor and Lockheed Martin Eminent Scholar. She coordinates the doctoral program in special education and is Director of the Lockheed Martin Mathematics and Science Academy. She received her undergraduate and master's degree from Eastern Illinois University and her Ph.D. from the University of Illinois. Her primary area of research focuses on collaboration between general and special education at the secondary level with a specific interest in the unique opportunities that exist in urban schools. She also has a passion for how technology and specifically virtual classrooms can be used to impact teacher preparation. Prior to UCF, she served for 9 years on the faculty at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Her passion is conducting research that impacts the way general and special education teachers work together in middle and high school settings. She currently serves on numerous editorial review boards and is the Associate Editor for Teaching Exceptional Children, past co-editor of the Journal of International Special Needs Education and an Associate Editor for the Journal of Psychological and Educational Consulting. She is the author of The Co-Teaching Lesson Plan Book; Demystifying Secondary Inclusion; and a co-author of Teaching Children and Adolescents with special needs (5th Ed.). She is a featured presenter for two videos 7 Effective Strategies for Secondary Inclusion andWinning Strategies for Inclusive Classrooms. Rebecca A. Hines is Associate Professor in the Department of Child, Family and Community Sciences at the University of Central Florida. She has been an Assistant Professor in the Department of Secondary Education at the Southeast Missouri State University. She was a teacher of students with emotional and severe emotional disorders, as well as a language arts teacher and team leader in Florida. She received her M.A. degree in Behavior Disorders and her Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, both from the University of South Florida. Her publications include articles in numerous professional journals on topics such as assistive technology, middle level inclusion, behavior disorders and collaborative teaching. She has made many national presentations for such organizations as the Council for Exceptional Children, the National Association of Secondary School Principals, the National Middle School Association and the Midsouth Technology conference. She has received numerous awards and participated in many funded research and grant projects.
- Author(s)Lisa Dieker,Rebecca A. Hines
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication18/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width215 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.