All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBusinesses are entering the green marketplace at breakneck speed to keep pace with customer and societal demands to reduce their environmental impacts. But greening one's business is small feat. While clear opportunities abound in this new ecomy, business leaders pursuing a green strategy are finding few roadmaps and established rules and plenty of hidden twists and turns. So, how does a company succeed in a world gone green? In Strategies for the New Green Ecomy, Joel Makower, one of the world's foremost green business experts, provides a clear roadmap for this challenging terrain. Makower offers insights and inspiration gleaned from his 20 years' experience helping Fortune 500 companies and start-ups alike formulate strategies that align environmental and business goals. Providing a comprehensive and realistic look at both the opportunities and challenges, Strategies for the New Green Ecomy shows how leadership companies are finding their way in the green ecomy, while their competitors struggle. Strategies for the Green Ecomy systematically tackles the central issues of greening your business: * What does it take to be seen as an environmental leader? * What are the standards, implicit or explicit, that you must meet to be green? * How do you communicate what your business is doing right--and what it's doing wrong? * How can you overcome consumer, media, and activist distrust? * How can your company be heard amid the green ise in the marketplace? * What are the new opportunities emerging for companies in the green ecomy? Including groundbreaking data about customers' attitudes and behaviors regarding green products and services, Strategies for the Green Ecomy will lead you through the thicket of finicky customers, confusing research reports, and public cynicism regarding green marketing claims--and place you on solid footing in the growing green ecomy.
- Author BiographyJoel Makower is Executive Editor of GreenBiz.com(R) and other websites, research, and events produced by Greener World Media, Inc., of which he is cofounder and chairman. He has 20 years' experience advising companies on green strategy and marketing and is author of more than a dozen books, including The Green Consumer and The E-Factor: The Bottom-Line Approach to Environmentally Responsible Business.
- Author(s)Cara Pike,Joel Makower
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight585 g
- Width203 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.