All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume features fifteen new papers by an international group of scholars in ancient philosophy, with a particular focus on new work in ancient Greek and Roman ethics, epistemology, logic, and science. The papers are organized around five broad topics: Plato, Aristotle's ethics and practical reasoning, Aristotelian logic, Hellenistic ethics, and Hellenistic epistemology. Specific topics covered include the refutation of the hedonist in Plato's Philebus, the question of whether modern interpreters are right to read Plato's Timaeus as proto-historical, Aristotle's argument concerning virtue, Aristotle's discussion of practical reasoning in the realm of ethics, Aristotle's logical theory, classification and division of goods in ancient ethical theories, and belief, appearances, and assent in Hellenistic epistemology.
- Author BiographyMi-Kyoung (Mitzi) Lee received her PhD from Harvard in 1996. She taught at the University of Illinois at Chicago from 1996 until 2005, when she took up her current position at the University of Colorado at Boulder. She has held visiting positions at the University of Chicago and Harvard University. Professor Lee works in the area of ancient Greek and Roman philosophy. She is the author of Epistemology after Protagoras: Responses to Relativism in Plato, Aristotle, and Democritus (OUP, 2005), as well as numerous articles in ancient philosophy.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note6 illus.
- Weight694 g
- Width163 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byMi-Kyoung Lee
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.31Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.94Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.