All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $106.99Free postage
- AU $107.00Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its fifth edition, Strategy takes a truly global perspective. Retaining the unique 'paradox' approach of the previous editions whereby a series of contrasting viewpoints, readings and cases are provided to invite student and professional discussion and debate, this new edition takes the approach one step further to ackwledge the developmental role which China and India have had in the business world, and includes strategic thinking philosophies from these countries. Unlike many other books on the subject, the philosophy at the heart of Bob de Wit's Strategy text is that an understanding of the topic of strategy can only be gained by grappling with a wider diversity of insights from many prominent thinkers, and the clear recognition that there is simple answer to the question of what strategy is. This new edition bridges West and East, North and South, with readings, cases, quotes, and insights from around the globe.
- Author BiographyProf. Ron Meyer is Professor of Corporate Strategy at TiasNimbas Business School, Tilburg University. Ron studied Political Science at the University of Alberta in his native Canada. After receiving his bachelor's degree he moved to the Netherlands and got his MBA and PhD at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam. From 1987 to 1998 he was a professor of strategic management at the Rotterdam School of Management / Erasmus Graduate School of Management. During this period he taught strategy in 15 countries, at universities and in companies, and acted as consultant to a wide variety of firms. For two years he was also Associate Director of RSM, in charge of managing the MBA Program. Since 1998, at the Center for Strategy & Leadership and its predecessors, Ron has combined boardroom consultancy work with in-company trainings and applied management research. As consultant he works with many top international companies on such topics as corporate strategy, business innovation, strategic alliances and strategies for growth. As trainer he has given seminars and training courses to hundreds of companies around the world and lectured at more than 30 universities. He has (co-)authored numerous articles and books, among which the internationally leading textbook on strategic management, Strategy - Process, Content, Context: An International Perspective. Over 250.000 copies have been sold so far and the book is used at more than 200 business schools around the world. In 2005 the 2nd edition was published of Strategy Synthesis: Resolving Strategy Paradoxes to Create Competitive Advantage, while his latest book, Mapping the Mind of the Strategist, was published in 2007. Bob de Wit is director of the Strategy Academy, an international research and educational institution focusing on strategy, leadership and business innovation issues (www.strategy-academy.org). He is also managing director of Strategy Works, an international strategy consulting and coaching firm that facilitates boardroom decision-making and guides companies through processes of strategic renewal (www.strategy-works.com). Bob has a BA in Psychology from the University of Utrecht, an MBA from the Delft University of Technology and a Ph.D. in management from the Erasmus University in Rotterdam. From 1985 to 1996 he was a professor of strategic management at the Rotterdam School of Management. Since 1996 he has held a chair in Strategy at the Maastricht School of Management, where he also served as the Associate Dean for research from 1997 and 2001. Bob is an active member of the Strategic Management Society, where he serves as chairman of the Interest Group 'The Practice of Strategy?, as member of the annual conference paper review committee, and as a member of the McKinsey Best Paper Prize committee.
- Author(s)Bob De Wit,Ron Meyer
- PublisherCengage Learning EMEA
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCengage Learning EMEA
- Weight1525 g
- Width195 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.