Strategy Mix for Nonprofit Organisations: Vehicles for Social and Labour Market Integration by Springer Science+Business Media (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $148.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $99.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn many countries, particularly in continental Europe, societies have been plagued by high unemployment for several decades. Simultaneously, due to recent shifts from industrial to service-oriented post-industrial societies, labor as a significant culture code is increasingly loosing importance. Because of this, the third or voluntary sector as a place of employment and as a service agency to society has become important for Europe as indicated by the 1997 Communication of the European Commission and various declarations by the European Parliament and the EU's Ecomic and Social Council. Strategy Mix for Nonprofit Organizations: Vehicles for Social and Labor Market Integration explores the role of the third sector in Europe, where unemployment is high and in North America, where unemployment is rising and exploring the gaps that the third sector is fulfilling: both as a social service and as an employer. The volume is organized into two distinctive parts. Part 1: The Nonprofit-Sector and Social Integration highlights the embeddedness of the sector in selected countries; it discusses how the sector is currently affected by changes of public policy particularly in the traditional social-democratic welfare state regimes, and it draws our attention to the sector's potentials to provide avenues for social integration, self-actualization and civic empowerment. Part 2: Labor Concepts and Market Integration refers to the multifunctionality of third sector organizations discussing potentials of workplace as well as community involvement via nprofit organizations. This seminal volume will be of interest to those in the nprofit sector, organizational management and ecomics, political scientists and other researchers working with nprofit organizations and civil society studies on an international level.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication30/04/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleNonprofit and Civil Society Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1030 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAnnette Zimmer,Christina Stecker
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.91Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.31Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.94Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.