All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does HRM affect an organisation's chances of survival, its degree of financial success and its reputation in wider society? How is HR strategy shaped within and across organisations, industries and societies, and how can managers improve it to strengthen their organisation's performance? Strategy and Human Resource Management addresses these vital questions. Written by a rewned author team, it treats HR strategy as an essential element in business strategy, whilst integrating a vast range of relevant research and theory. Now in its fourth edition, it continues to challenge academics, students and practitioners to approach HRM from a strategic perspective. New to this edition: * All chapters have been fully updated, the selection of key studies improved, and the links to major events brought up to date. * Includes a more thorough analysis of the general principles in strategic HRM. * It has been restructured to provide a deeper examination of HR strategy in the 'mega contexts' of manufacturing, services, multidivisional firms, and multinationals. This book is an essential companion for upper-level undergraduates, postgraduate students of HRM, and MBA students. Practitioners interested in the role of HRM in successful businesses will also find this a thoroughly engaging and invaluable resource.
- Author BiographyPeter Boxall is Professor of Human Resource Management and Associate Dean of Research at the University of Auckland Business School, New Zealand. John Purcell is Visiting Professor at the School of Management, Bath University, UK. Until 2015 he held the position of the Deputy Chairman of the UK's Central Arbitration Committee for 15 years.
- Author(s)John Purcell,Peter Boxall
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleManagement, Work and Organisations
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2002
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note17 figures, 5 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.