All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMany new - as well as enduring - issues shape international security in the world of the early twenty-first century. The essays in this volume encompass the changing landscape of strategy and assess implications for international politics and national security. Topics include the utility of theories of international politics for understanding the world of the new millennium; the continuing importance of geography in the formulation of strategy; and the intersection between political, ecomic, and societal factors on the development of strategy. Analyses of the implications of institutions for national security policy and strategy are set forth in essays on the U.S. Constitution and the roles, respectively, of the Executive Branch and the Congress. Other essays deal with NATO in the early twenty-first century; Germany's emerging role in international politics; trends shaping future warfare; missile defense; weapons of mass destruction; and regional conflict issues. The volume contains an extended examination of contemporary Russian and Chinese political-military issues and policies, as well as broader analyses of Europe and East Asia as security arenas. The chapters are written by scholars and practitioners from Europe and the United States. Together, they set forth a security agenda for consideration on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Author BiographyThe editors: Robert L. Pfaltzgraff, Jr., is President of the Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis (IFPA) and Shelby Cullom Davis Professor of International Security Studies, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University. William R. Van Cleave is Department Head and Professor of Defense and Strategic Studies, Southwest Missouri State University.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/11/2000
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleKieler Schriften Zur Politischen Wissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight400 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byRobert L. Pfaltzgraff,William R. Van Cleave
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.