All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionStreet Lights of the World is the ultimate visual guide to this often overlooked architectural accessory. Most people never tice the street lights around them and cant imagine why anyone would. Fortunately for us, someone did tice and has created a surprisingly interesting collection of photographs. The photographs are divided by country and, within the United States, they are further divided by state. Even a casual look at the book will bring an enjoyable discovery of how different shapes, materials and design can bring such different visual effects. Those who spend more time with the book will be amazed at how street lights differ around the world and across time. It highlights the range of variations that exist both in the standards and globes of street lights, and how those variations can enhance the environment. This collection was accumulated over thirty years and by many photographers, but it is presented t only in an understandable order, but in an attractive order. A short history of street lights precedes two hundred pages of illustrations.
- Author BiographyVicki Sauter collects photographs of street lights wherever she visits. When she is not traveling to find the street lights, or putting them into a collection, she is Professor of Information Systems at University of Missouri - St. Louis, where she does research in decision support systems for business intelligence, especially in the model-management area. She has two books on DSS, and a forthcoming book on internet use for seniors. Sauter serves on the Board of Craft Alliance and on the Board of the Restoration Committee of Bonhomme's Old Stone Church. She also volunteers her technological skills at the Stamper Library of John Burroughs School.
- Author(s)Vicki L Sauter
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.