All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a set of three large, soft-covered journals which feature graffiti art from street artist AVONE. Alongside these inspirational images are pages of blank space to be filled with one's own creative expressions. Experience the real New York through the artistic expression of one who calls it home. From Brooklyn's own street artist AVONE comes Street-Art New York, a set of three large soft-covered journals filled with images of his popular graffiti art. Influenced by abstract expressionists' art and inspired by the New York urban landscape, AVONE creates art that is evocative of the real New York. It is gritty and raw, and also stunningly beautiful. Alongside these images are pages of blank space for you to fill with your own exceptional artwork, writings, and other imaginings. Whether you are an aspiring artist or a doodler, a journalist or an admirer of art, these journals will bring you to new levels of expression. So, get into the streets and get creative!
- Author BiographyAVONE (A-V-One) was once considered New York City's most wanted street artist. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he is the quintessential New York artist. Through his work, AVONE creates a re-imagined urban environment, wrought with images of distinctive, gritty decay. The artist's work is mainly influenced by the city he calls home, as well as abstract expressionist Franz Kline and Andy Goldsworthy. Their work has inspired the Fragmenting of AVONE's writing and self-developed textural surfaces. His illustrious list of clients includes the global cable television network ESPN, as well as the men's professional basketball league (the NBA). Currently, he works at Candamill Studios. However, unlike a lot of artists of our time, AVONE produces every part of his art in-house - from the actual making of his silk screens, to printing, framing and working other materials. Every inch of his creation happens within his control, pushing him to constantly experiment with new mediums.
- PublisherRace Point Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleStreet Notes
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRace Point Publishing
- Weight318 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statement3 Paperbacks
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.