Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis history of street and interurban electric railways of Louisiana outlines and accentuates a fascinating and marvelous period of growth enjoyed by the state's larger cities, the interval of time between the 1870s and the late 1920s. Hennick details street railways from all over the state; from Alexandria to Baton Rouge, Lake Charles to Shreveport. He also gives special attention to the major rail lines, such as the O-K Line and the Burnside Tramway, and the major companies investing in the street railway projects, such as the St. Tammany New Orleans Railways and Ferry Co., and the Southwestern Traction Power Co. Within Street Railways of Louisiana the readers will find t solely the story of the trolley car in Louisiana, but will also understand the attraction, the romance, and the value of the era in which the mule car and electric streetcar flourished.
- PublisherPortfolio Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/01/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationMaryland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPortfolio Press,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight359 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.