All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDue to cost and time pressures, people are abandoning the gym and organised sport in favour of more flexible and informal pursuits such as running. But it's t just as simple as getting the miles under your belt. Injuries can impact on your ability to train, and all runners can benefit from a simple strength training and conditioning programme to boost performance and avoid unnecessary injuries. Strength and Conditioning is w regarded as integral to any training programme from marathon runners to triathletes. Strength Training for Runners is designed to keep you, as a runner, on track, whatever your level. Packed with photos illustrating the different techniques, this coaching manual is ideal for any motivated runner. Chapters will guide you through constructing a programme of exercises to keep you running fit, show you how to improve and strengthen your running and other muscles in specific warm ups and provide you with some great conditioning advice that will make you a stronger and faster runner. With the right strength training approach behind you, one that is balanced and reflects your training and racing needs, your injury risk can be significantly reduced and your performance significantly increased.
- Author BiographyJohn Shepherd is a well-respected author and editor-in-chief of Ultrafit magazine. He has written numerous titles for Bloomsbury including The Complete Guide to Sports Training, Shape Up!, 101 Fitness Drills and 101 Athletics Drills.
- Author(s)John Shepherd
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Sport
- Content Notefull colour with photos
- Weight618 g
- Width208 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.