All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive guide to how strength and conditioning (S&C) can be effectively applied in football. S&C is well established as a cornerstone of sports science in elite sport, and is w a key part in the preparation and training of professional footballers, helping to make players more robust, more efficient and more explosive. This comprehensive manual covers all aspects that contribute to successful practice so that training and playing time lost to injury is reduced. This guide deals with much more than a list of exercises. Based on experience at Premier League level, critical topics include: * Effective coaching * Injury prevention * Performance monitoring * Performance enhancement This book is a unique resource for existing and aspiring football S&C coaches as well as sports science graduates. In a developing field, this pioneering text will help to shape and define the role of the S&C coach within football to help players at all levels of the game.
- Author BiographyMark Jarvis is an S&C coach and performance consultant who has refined his skills in the English Premier League and Champions League as well as a range of medal winning Olympic and Paralympic athletes. He is part of the Performance Solutions team at the English Institute of Sport, an expert on plyometrics, and the author of Strength and Conditioning for Triathlon.
- Author(s)Mark Jarvis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight499 g
- Width189 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.