All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
About this product
- DescriptionStrength and Conditioning for Team Sports is designed to help trainers and coaches to devise more effective high-performance training programs for team sports. This remains the only evidence-based study of sport-specific practice to focus on team sports and features all-new chapters covering neuromuscular training, injury prevention and specific injury risks for different team sports. Fully revised and updated throughout, the new edition also includes over two hundred new references from the current research literature. The book introduces the core science underpinning different facets of physical preparation, covering all aspects of training prescription and the key components of any degree-level strength and conditioning course, including: * physiological and performance testing * strength training * metabolic conditioning * power training * agility and speed development * training for core stability * training periodisation * training for injury prevention Bridging the traditional gap between sports science research and practice, each chapter features guidelines for evidence-based best practice as well as recommendations for approaches to physical preparation to meet the specific needs of team sports players. This new edition also includes an appendix that provides detailed examples of training programmes for a range of team sports. Fully illustrated throughout, it is essential reading for all serious students of strength and conditioning, and for any practitioner seeking to extend their professional practice.
- Author BiographyPaul Gamble has worked in high performance sport for over a decade, during which time he has coached elite athletes in an array of sports and at all ages and stages of development. Paul began his career working in professional rugby with English Premiership side London Irish, and has since worked in a range of sports, most recently serving as National Strength & Conditioning Lead for Scottish Squash. He has published a number of articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in edited textbooks and has previously written two textbooks as sole author.
- Author(s)Paul Gamble
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.