All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStrength & Conditioning for Triathlon is an accessible, practical introduction to strength and conditioning for endurance sports, dispelling many of the myths which have led to misunderstanding and misuse of the techniques in the past. With specific chapters on injury prevention, the swim, the cycle and the run, this ideal triathlon companion gives detailed and practical examples of how each aspect of your programme can be enhanced. Each chapter includes information on how strength and conditioning will impact on you, the scientific evidence (in practical language) to support the claims, how much you can expect to gain and practical examples of how to implement the training. An indispensable practical guide, it looks at how to plan your strength and conditioning training throughout the calendar and how to incorporate this work into your regular triathlon training. It also provides a comprehensive resource of conditioning exercises, strength exercises and running drills, all of which are fully illustrated so you can guarantee great technique. This is the essential companion to anyone wishing to improve their triathlon results.
- Author BiographyMark Jarvis is an elite strength and conditioning coach. Through his work as Senior Strength & Conditioning Coach for English Institute of Sport, he has worked with an array of GB athletes, including medalists at the Beijing Olympic and Paralympic Games. He has also worked in both the Scottish and English Premier Leagues with the first team squads of Hearts FC and West Bromwich Albion FC respectively. Mark also runs 4th Discipline Triathlon training, a private venture which gives recreational triathletes of all standards the opportunity to experience the level of S&C coaching usually reserved for Olympians.
- Author(s)Mark Jarvis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Sport
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight519 g
- Width189 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.