All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStrengthening Design of Reinforced Concrete with FRP establishes the art and science of strengthening design of reinforced concrete with fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) beyond the abstract nature of the design guidelines from Canada (ISIS Canada 2001), Europe (FIB Task Group 9.3 2001), and the United States (ACI 440.2R-08). Evolved from thorough class tes used to teach a graduate course at Kansas State University, this comprehensive textbook: * Addresses material characterization, flexural strengthening of beams and slabs, shear strengthening of beams, and confinement strengthening of columns * Discusses the installation and inspection of FRP as externally bonded (EB) or near-surface-mounted (NSM) composite systems for concrete members * Contains shear design examples and design examples for each flexural failure mode independently, with comparisons to actual experimental capacity * Presents invative design aids based on ACI 440 code provisions and hand calculations for confinement design interaction diagrams of columns * Includes extensive end-of-chapter questions, references for further study, and a solutions manual with qualifying course adoption Delivering a detailed introduction to FRP strengthening design, Strengthening Design of Reinforced Concrete with FRP offers a depth of coverage ideal for senior-level undergraduate, master's-level, and doctoral-level graduate civil engineering courses.
- Author BiographyHayder A. Rasheed is a professor and Thomas and Connie Paulson outstanding civil engineering faculty member at Kansas State University, Manhattan, USA. Previously, he was an assistant professor at Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois, USA. He holds a BS and MS from the University of Baghdad, Iraq, and a Ph.D from the University of Texas at Austin, USA. He is an ASCE fellow, registered professional engineer, author and co-author of 3 books and more than 50 refereed journal publications, and editorial board member of the International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics and the Open Journal of Composite Materials.
- Author(s)Hayder A. Rasheed
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication19/12/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleComposite Materials
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note137 black & white illustrations, 39 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.