All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRespect for the 'rule of law' is, according to Article 2 of the Treaty on European Union, a value on which the Union is founded and a prerequisite for the accession of new Member States. However in some Member States there are deficiencies as regards the independence of the justice system or other aspects of the rule of law, and on several occasions the Union has been confronted with a rule of law crisis. In order to address this problem the book elucidates the principal elements of a common European rule of law in a global context, and explores the different mechanisms and instruments appropriate to safeguard the rule of law and to address future rule of law crises in the Member States.The book brings together contributions from rewned academics, high-ranking professionals and experts in the fields of European law, public international law and constitutional law.
- Author BiographyWerner Schroeder is Full Professor of Law at the University of Innsbruck.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/12/2016
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleModern Studies in European Law
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Weight640 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byWerner Schroeder
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.