All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with the basics of lactic acid bacteria and stress response, then working into specific fields of research and current developments, Stress Responses of Lactic Acid Bacteria will serve as an essential guidebook to researchers in the field, industry professionals, and advanced students in the area. The exploration of stress responses in lactic acid bacteria began in the early 90s and revealed the differences that exist between LAB and the classical model microorganisms. A considerable amount of work has been performed on the main genera / species of LAB regarding the genes implicated and their actual role and regulation, and the mechanisms of stress resistance have also been elucidated. Recent geme and transcriptome analyses complement the proteome and genetic information available today and shed a new light on the perception of and the responses to stress by lactic acid bacteria.
- Author BiographyEffie Tsakalidou (PhD) is a Professor of Food Biochemistry at the Agricultural University of Athens in Athens, Greece. Konstantinos Papadimitriou (PhD) is a Research Associate in the Laboratory of Dairy Research at the Agricultural University of Athens in Athens, Greece.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleFood Microbiology and Food Safety
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white tables, 2 colour tables, biography
- Weight836 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byEffie Tsakalidou,Konstantinos Papadimitriou
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.