Stress Testing Handbook for Quality Products in a Global Market Guide to Robust Product Design and Manufacture at Low Cost and Short Time-to-market by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $248.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an electrical engineering accelerated stress testing handbook guide for achieving quality products. As we move closer to a genuinely global ecomy, the pressure to develop highly reliable products on ever-tighter schedules will increase. Part of a designer's toolbox for achieving product reliability in a compressed time frame should be a set of best practices for utilizing accelerated stress testing (AST). The Accelerated Stress Testing Handbook delineates a core set of AST practices as part of an overall methodology for enhancing hardware product reliability. The techniques presented will teach readers to identify design deficiencies and problems with component quality or manufacturing processes early in the product's life, and then to take corrective action as quickly as possible. A wide array of case studies gleaned from leading practitioners of AST supplement the theory and methodology, which will provide the reader with a more concrete idea of how AST truly enhances quality in a reduced time frame. Important topics covered include: theoretical basis for AST, general AST best practices, AST design and manufacturing processes, AST equipment and techniques, and AST process safety qualification. In this handbook, AST cases studies demonstrate thermal, vibration, electrical, and liquid stress application; failure mode analysis; and corrective action techniques. Individuals who would be interested in this book include: reliability engineers and researchers, mechanical and electrical engineers, those involved with all facets of electronics and telecommunications product design and manufacturing, and people responsible for implementing quality and process improvement programs.
- Author BiographyAbout the Editors H. Anthony Chan has been with AT&T Labs and the former AT&T Bell Labs for 14 years, specializing in product development and manufacturing, including interconnection technology, manufacture assembly and reliability, network management, and wireless network. He has been responsible for R&D in robust product design and manufacture and for guiding various manufacturing locations in planning and conducting reliability and stress testing programs. Dr. Chan has taught several training courses in reliability and stress testing and is a regular speaker on these topics. Moreover, he is an adjunct faculty member at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Paul J. Englert is a distinguished member of the technical staff in the Product Realization Department of Lucent Technologies' Wireless Networks Group. He is responsible for wide--scale deployment of mechanical computer--aided design (CAD) and work--in--progress data management solutions. Also, Dr. Englert develops Web--based, multimedia training tools for engineering practices and CAD tools and has lectured in China, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan on these subjects. Also, his experience spans a broad spectrum of projects in assembly, manufacturing, stress testing, chemical solvent replacement process development, and statistical modeling.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notereferences, glossary, bibliography
- Weight904 g
- Width186 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byH.Anthony Chan
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.