Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionAction packed adventure from The New York Times bestseller Dale Brown Charged with rebuilding America's long-range attack force devastated in Edge of Battle, Special Adviser to the President Lt. Gen. Patrick McLanahan shocks everyone by proposing to build a force of spaceplanes, able to attack any target on the globe within minutes. The project is led by test pilot Captain Hunter Noble. Just then, Iran's theocratic regime falls victim to a swift military coup that reveals its immense military power to the world. The new self-appointed Iranian president, General Buzhazi wants to rmalize relations between Israel and the United States. Buzhazi appeals to the world for help in hunting down terrorists, he argues that only he has the resources to stop radical fundamentalist Islam, and the world responds favourably. Hunter Noble secretly launches several reconnaissance satellites over Iran to monitor Buzhazi's powerful forces. Soon the satellites reveal Buzhazi's real plan, planting thousands of Iranian Pasdaran special-ops troops throughout the oil-rich Kurdish region of rthern Iraq. The U.S. tries to re-establish a strong military presence in the Persian Gulf and Arabian Peninsula, but Iran has the upper hand w, and the U. S. government realizes it is in danger of losing control of the entire Middle East. But Hunter Noble is already working up a plan to strike back, showing the real power of the spaceplane force.
- Author BiographyDale Brown was a much decorated US Air Force Captain aboard B-52s and FB111 fighter bombers, and participated in numerous top secret tests and exercises held to simulate an actual strategic war. He became a recognised expert on air warfare and appeared on American TV as a commentator during the Gulf War. Only a man with Dale Brown's background could provide the detailed authenticity that makes his novels such compulsive reading.
- Author(s)Dale Brown
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight286 g
- Width113 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.