All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn Edgar Award Finalist Lenny Norbeck is a die-hard baseball lover. Unfortunately, he's player himself (according to him, he's the worst there ever was. ) But he'd make a heck of an anuncer. He gets a lot of practice sitting with his best friends, Mike and Other Mike, watching Phillies games from their lawn couch a sweet outdoor TV arrangement Mike's dad hooked them up with. Being a real anuncer is his dream, and he gets his chance to prove himself when he enters an Armchair Anuncer contest and wins. The prize: he gets to be the broadcaster, live, for one inning at a real Phillies game. The game goes very wrong, though. Before Lenny gets to do his inning, a young, promising pitcher fresh out of the mirs literally drops dead on the mound. The official verdict is that he died of a heart attack, but Lenny has a hunch there's something more going on. So he and the Mikes set out to investigate. The suspects are many, and though the trio barks up the wrong tree a few times, they are always right on the heels of the real killer. . . . From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJOSH BERK is the author of The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin and Guy Langman: Crime Scene Procrastinator. He lives in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, with his wife and two children, and is a children's services librarian at the Allentown Public Library.
- Author(s)Josh Berk
- PublisherYearling Books
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleLenny & the Mikes Mysteries
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYearling Books
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.