Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionOver a 50-year period, Haydn composed more than 80 string quartets featuring a range and variety of structural invention exceeded only by Beethoven's works. In this volume, the composer's mastery of the form is strikingly evident, particularly in the six popular and much-recorded Prussian Quartets. This volume contains the full scores of: Op. 42, in D mir (composed in 1785)Op. 50, Nos. 1 6 ( Prussian Quartets, composed in 1787 and dedicated to the Prussian King Friederich Wilhelm II)Op. 54, Nos. 1 3 (First set of Tost Quartets composed c.1788 and dedicated to the merchant Johann Tost)Large, readable teheads, ample margins for tations, opaque paper and permanent binding make this a fundamental addition to music libraries and musicians' repertories.
- Author BiographyAustrian composer Joseph Haydn (1732 1809), one of the most prolific and prominent musicians of the Classical era, wrote in every genre. Friend to Mozart and teacher of Beethoven, hestandardized the four-movement structure of the quartet, the form for which he is best known.
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDover Music Scores
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteall music
- Weight535 g
- Width210 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.