All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionIf you come any farther before I find a hold, we'll both go down, he said. It looks like that, Charck agreed. I don't mean to stop. Wilkinson clutched at the slippery bank but the wet gravel tore out. It was impossible to get up, and if he tried to scramble down, he might t stop until he fell into the river. He glanced at Charck's set face and got something of a shock. He had thought the fellow meant to bluff and would give way if he were resolutely met; Charck was impulsive, but never stayed with a thing. Now, however, he looked dangerous. Driving his boots into the mud, Wilkinson braced himself, with one foot so placed that it might trip his antagonist. Then he set his lips as he met the shock. Charck struck him with his shoulder and forced him backwards by the weight of the bag. The mud slipped under his feet; he staggered and clawed at the bank, but his fingers found hold. They plowed through the miry gravel, and falling face downwards, he rolled down the hill.
- Author BiographyGAYLON BARROW--- Is a retired Veteran of the U.S. Army having over 30-years of service. His career has spanned three decades. During this period he was a Platoon Sergeant, a Field First Sergeant and a First Sergeant in an Infantry Company. He is a graduate of the, Army Institute for Professional Development, located at Fort Eustis, Virginia where he earned a Bachelor's Degree in Literature. He is a veteran of the Cold War, Era of Vietnam and Desert Storm. Mister Barrow is married with three children who have given him 12 grandchildren. Nine of the Children are granddaughters and three are grandsons. His oldest son is also a retiree of the Infantry of the U.S. Army while his youngest son is still active. He is a Colonel and the G3 Officer of an Infantry Division. He has served in Bosnia, Singapore, Iraq and Afghanistan. He has served three tours in Iraq and is scheduled for his fourth tour in Iraq, beginning in September 2010. In Bosnia he was the aide to the NATO Commander. In Iraq he was awarded the 'Bronze Star with Valor'. As an author Mister Barrow writes of a territory that is real; the creeks, rivers, towns and the big woods are there. He has personally crossed many of these rivers and creeks camping in the very woods he writes about. His love for nature and exclusion sometimes takes him into the woods alone for extended stays. He is the best selling, author of 63 previous novels, published by Longhorn Publishing Inc. He now lives with his wife and two dogs in the Piney woods of Northeast Texas.
- Author(s)Gaylon Barrow
- Date of Publication06/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.