Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoe Aberdeen, 13, has to move to Arizona from Indiana to live with his father when his mother dies. The sudden changes he faces create a feeling of helplessness mixed with anger. He withdraws into an inner sanctum, but it is t free from nightmares and anxieties. Supported by a loving family and a new friendship with a Native American boy, Joe moves cautiously out of his private and miserable mental world into the physical world of people, places and events, some comfortingly ordinary and some quite out of the ordinary. Joe builds a tree fort where he feels safe and strong, but it is the wisdom and love from beyond the grave that reveal to Joe the source of his real strength.
- Author BiographyTerri McIntyre taught writing and gifted classes for Navajo children for over twenty years. She also taught in Pakistan as a Peace Corps Volunteer. A graduate of the University of Arizona in Tucson, she received a degree in creative writing and literature and wrote documentary scripts for the College of Engineering and for KUAT-TV, as well as essays for the University Yearbook in 1969. A short story published as a play, Theodore's Music, about a Navajo youth coping with ADHD, appeared in READ Magazine in November of 2001. Stronghold is her first novel. The story was inspired by her children when they asked for help in building their forts in the juniper trees close to their home and by the discovery of ancient ruins under the nearby community of Sanders when surveys were made for the new high school. Ms. McIntyre lives with her family and the ravens in northeastern Arizona.
- Author(s)Terri McIntyre
- Date of Publication06/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.