All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the building blocks of electronic circuits - the microchips, transistors, resistors, condensers, and so forth, and the boards that support them - from the point of view of mechanics: What are the stresses that result from thermal expansion and contraction? What are the elastic parameters that determine whether a component will survive a certain acceleration? After an introduction to the elements of structural analysis and finite-element analysis, the author turns to components, data and testing. A discussion of leadless chip carriers leads to a detailed thermal analysis of pin grid arrays. For compliant leaded systems, both mechanical (bending and twisting) and thermal stresses are discussed in detail. The book concludes with discussions of the dynamic response of circuit cards, plated holes in cards and boards, and the final assembly of cards and boards.
- Author(s)Peter A. Engel
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2012
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleMechanical Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight445 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.