All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many books about Structural Analysis. This book is about Structural Design. Examples of the design of successful structures actually teach us little about design. However, we can learn about design by studying cases of the failure of Civil Engineering Structures. The author has extensive academic and practical experience and has given seminars to practicing engineers on this subject many times over the last decade. He shares his experience in this book. The book consists of 50 case studies of failure as well as 21 worked examples used to illustrate the points made. Changes to our practice of design are suggested.
- Author BiographyEr. Dr. Niall MacAlevey is currently an independent consultant specializing in the analysis and design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures, forensic engineering and the strengthening of concrete structures. He is the founder of the firm Shamrock Consultants, is a member of the Institution of Engineers of Ireland and is a registered Professional Engineer in Singapore. He graduated from University College Dublin, Ireland in 1987, and completed his M.Sc. degree in Concrete Structures at Imperial College, London. He completed his Ph.D degree at the Nanyang Technological University in 1997 on The Strengthening of Concrete Structures and later joined the academic staff there. He obtained a PGDipTHE (Post-Graduate Diploma in Teaching in Higher Education) from the National Institute of Education in 2001. He has worked for a number of consulting engineering firms and specialist prestressing subcontractors in London, Cambridge, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Author(s)Dr Niall F Macalevey
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.