Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
About this product
- DescriptionLavishly illustrated in color, this textbook takes an applied approach to introduce undergraduate students to the basic principles of structural geology. The book provides unique links to industry applications in the upper crust, including petroleum and groundwater geology, which highlight the importance of structural geology in exploration and exploitation of petroleum and water resources. Topics range from faults and fractures forming near the surface to shear zones and folds of the deep crust. Students are engaged through examples and parallels drawn from practical everyday situations, enabling them to connect theory with practice. Containing numerous end-of-chapter problems, e-learning modules, and with stunning field photos and illustrations, this book provides the ultimate learning experience for all students of structural geology.
- Author BiographyHaakon Fossen is Professor of Structural Geology at the University of Bergen, Norway, where he is affiliated with the Department of Earth Science, the Natural History Collections, and the Centre for Integrated Petroleum Research (CIPR). His professional career has involved work as an exploration and production geologist/geophysicist for Statoil and as a Professor at the University of Bergen (1996 to present), in addition to periods of geologic mapping and mineral exploration in Norway. His research ranges from hard to soft rocks and includes studies of folds, shear zones, formation and collapse of the Caledonian Orogen, numerical modeling of deformation (transpression), the evolution of the North Sea rift, and studies of deformed sandstones in the western United States. He has conducted extensive field work in various parts of the world, notably Norway, Utah/Colorado, and Sinai, and his research is based on field mapping, microscopy, physical and numerical modeling, geochronology and seismic interpretation. Professor Fossen has been involved in editing several international geology journals, has authored over 90 scientific publications, and has written two books and several book chapters. He has taught undergraduate structural geology courses for over ten years and has a keen interest in developing electronic teaching resources to aid student visualization and understanding of geological structures.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2011.
- Author(s)Haakon Fossen
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date14/03/2016
- Content Note549 colour illus. 2 tables 150 exercises
- Weight1500 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.