All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe mechanisms by which buildings and infrastructures degrade are complex, as are the procedures and methods for inspection and for rehabilitation. This book examines the various problems caused by n-uniform deformation changes, poor durability, and natural and human disasters such as earthquakes and fire. Attention is given to the causes and mechanisms of the deterioration. General procedures and commonly used techniques for inspection and evaluation of existing infrastructures are introduced. The desk study, destructive test, and n-destructive test are discussed - in particular the newly developed n-destructive methods for deterioration monitoring. The book then moves on to conventional revation techniques such as patch and steel plate strengthening, which meet the requirements of rmal practice. Special attention is paid to compatibility between repair materials and degraded materials. Fibrous composite materials are then introduced as a basis for invative repair techniques, and different fibre and matrix properties are outlined, as are newly developed irganic binders as a matrix for fibrous composites. Finally, advanced rehabilitation techniques using fibrous composite are described. Fundamental issues such as bonding and failure mechanisms are then discussed in detail. Fibrous composite strengthening techniques for beam, wall, column and slabs are covered, including shear strengthening, flexural strengthening, and fillet winding, as are codes of practice for retrofitting with fibrous composites. This caters to students and academics world-wide and serves as a tool book for concrete and structural engineering professionals.
- Author BiographyZongjin Li is Professor of Civil Engineering at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Christopher Leung is Professor of Civil Engineering at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Yunping Xi is Professor of Civil Engineering at University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Author(s)Christopher Leung,Yunping Xi,Zongjin Li
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note24 black & white tables, 25 black & white halftones, 89 black & white line drawings
- Weight687 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.