All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing concrete examples, this optimistic book illustrates the ways in which structual social work theory is being successfully implemented in social work practice. By providing examples of what does work in structural social work practice, it offers hope to others that this work is t only possible, but that it is happening, it is effective, and the rest of us can do it too.
- Author BiographySteven F. Hick is an associate professor at the School of Social Work, Carleton University. A writer, human rights advocate, researcher, and practitioner, Hick is also co-founder of War Child Canada. Heather I. Peters is an associate professor in the School of Social Work, University of Northern British Columbia, whose practice and research focus on structural social work theory and its application in the field. Tammy Corner has been working in social services for 20 years and as a structural social worker for the past 11 years. She is currently involved in community development in Ottawa. Tracy London is a doctoral candidate at the School of Social Work, University of British Columbia. Her research and activist work focus on corporate responsibility for international human rights and environmental legal norms.
- Author(s)Heather I. Peters,Steven F. Hick,Tammy Corner,Tracy London
- PublisherBrown Bear Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationToronto, ON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBrown Bear Press
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine584 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.