All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 17 is the second in a special topic series devoted to modern techniques in protein NMR, under the Biological Magnetic Resonance series. Volume 16, with the subtitle Modern Techniques in Protein NMR , is the first in this series. These two volumes present some of the recent, significant advances in the biomolecular NMR field with emphasis on developments during the last five years. We are hored to have brought together in these volume some of the world s foremost experts who have provided broad leadership in advancing this field. Volume 16 contains - vances in two broad categories: I. Large Proteins, Complexes, and Membrane Proteins and II. Pulse Methods. Volume 17 contains major advances in: I. Com- tational Methods and II. Structure and Dynamics. The opening chapter of volume 17 starts with a consideration of some important aspects of modeling from spectroscopic and diffraction data by Wilfred van Gunsteren and his colleagues. The next two chapters deal with combined automated assignments and protein structure determination, an area of intense research in many laboratories since the traditional manual methods are often inadequate or laborious in handling large volumes of NMR data on large proteins. First, Werner Braun and his associates describe their experience with the NOAH/DIAMOD protocol developed in their laboratory.
- Author BiographyDr. N. Rama Krishna is Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics and the Director of the NMR Core Facility at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has previously served as Guest Editor for Volumes 16 (Modern Techniques in Protein NMR, 1998) and Volume 17 (Structure Computation and Dynamics in Protein NMR, 1999). Dr. Lawrence J. Berliner is currently Professor and Chair of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Denver after retiring from Ohio State University, where he spent a 32-year career in the area of biological magnetic resonance (EPR and NMR). He is the Series Editor for Biological Magnetic Resonance, which he launched in 1979.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/06/1999
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleBiological Magnetic Resonance
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 17
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight2180 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byLawrence J. Berliner,N. Rama Krishna
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.