Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionCrystallography may be described as the science of the structure of materi als, using this word in its widest sense, and its ramifications are apparent over a broad front of current scientific endeavor. It is t surprising, therefore, to find that most universities offer some aspects of crystallography in their undergraduate courses in the physical sciences. It is the principal aim of this book to present an introduction to structure determination by X-ray crystal lography that is appropriate mainly to both final-year undergraduate studies in crystallography, chemistry, and chemical physics, and introductory post graduate work in this area of crystallography. We believe that the book will be of interest in other disciplines, such as physics, metallurgy, biochemistry, and geology, where crystallography has an important part to play. In the space of one book, it is t possible either to cover all aspects of crystallography or to treat all the subject matter completely rigorously. In particular, certain mathematical results are assumed in order that their applications may be discussed. At the end of each chapter, a short bibliog raphy is given, which may be used to extend the scope of the treatment given here. In addition, reference is made in the text to specific sources of information. We have chosen t to discuss experimental methods extensively, as we consider that this aspect of crystallography is best learned through practical experience, but an attempt has been made to simulate the interpretive side of experimental crystallography in both examples and exercises.
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byM Ladd
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.