All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStructure-Function Relationships of Human Pathogenic Viruses provides information on the mechanisms by which viruses enter the cell, replicate, package their DNA into capsids and mature into new virions. The relation between structural features and the pathogenicity and oncogenicity of some of the most relevant human viral pathogens are demonstrated and the acquisition of defense mechanisms through virus-host interactions are presented. In contrast to textbooks, this volume combines timely research data to provide a holistic view of viral pathogenesis. Furthermore Structure-Function Relationships of Human Pathogenic Viruses illustrates in a single volume the fundamental processes involved in viral life cycles using up-to-date information from research laboratories around the world. Kwledge of these processes is crucial to develop rationales for the design of future drugs. The timeliness of the data and the comprehensive yet concise approach, this book takes in order to present the world of viral pathogens should make it a frontrunner in higher education and R&D.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication30/04/2002
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
- Content Note66 black & white illustrations, 7 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1083 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAndreas Holzenburg,Elke Bogner
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.55
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.32
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $26.25Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $41.24Trending at AU $45.47
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.90
- AU $30.33Trending at AU $36.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.